Saturday, November 7, 2009

1% improvement daily

Wife asked me about the objective of sharing the knowledge in the blog daily, I told her that the reason is simply 'to learn through sharing'.

By committing myself to write daily, I am effectively learning & growing everyday. Just imagine by the end of a year from now, I would have accumulated at least 365 ideas. Agreed?

Similarly, to all the bazi enthusiasts, if you continually read the blog and/or any other book(s) on a daily basis persistently, you would have learned at least 365 new & old ideas. Agreed?


Would like to share with you another powerful statement that I have learned it from Robin Sharma :-

What you value in life increases in value. What you think about and focus on grows.


Wife also asked me on the objective of extending the invitation to readers to contribute articles and ideas. I told her the reasons by quoting the idea wrote by Robin Sharma in his book 'The Greatness Guide' :-


We are shaped by our conversations. We are influenced by the ideas we hear and the people we meet. Every person you meet knows at least one thing you don't.

When we go deep into listening to the person we are communicating with, when we allow them to share what they know, we have the opportunity to get behind their eyeballs and learn, grow and evolve into our highest and best.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe is also like what Confucius say: 三人行,必有我师

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy reading your blog.

Fengshui316 said...

Welcome back,Master Goh

Anonymous said...

Please translate the statement from Confucius? Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Master Goh.

Sanjay

Guan Leong, GOH said...

Sanjay,

Please translate the statement from Confucius?

Meaning we can learn from each other :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Confucius are Lao Tzu are true immortals. Thanks for translating.

- Sanjay

Lugrey said...

Indeed Confucious is wise man.

"When I walk along with two others, they may serve me as my teachers."

Or I view it as, 'Among 3 people, one will be your teacher.'

Regards,
Lugrey

Self Discovery.....

Knowing yourself, knowing the peoples surrounding you ....