Thursday, April 8, 2010

01 - Liao Fan 4 lessons

Narrator: "Creating Destiny" is about forming one's fate rather than be bound by it. The Lesson of learning to Create Destiny herein discusses the principle behind fate and the knowledge necessary to change it. By relating his own experience and trials at changing destiny, Mr Liao-Fan Yuan taught his son, Tien-Chi not to be bound by fate, but rather to put forth his best effort in practicing kindness and cutting off evil. One should not reject doing a kind act simply because it seems to be a minute goodness, or commit an evil deed simply because it appears to be a small evil. If one practices in a proper manner, it is assured that one's destiny can he changed It is often said, "Refraining from all evil and practicing all forms of kindness brings about the dispersion of disasters and the coming of fortune ". This is the principle behind creating one's destiny.

Liao-Fan : My father passed away when I was young, and mother persuaded me to learn medicine instead of becoming a scholar.

Mother said to me:

Mother:Learning medicine will be a good way to support yourself and also to help others. Besides, having a skill on hand, you will never have to worry about making a living, and you can even become famous through your medical skills. This has always been an ambition your father had for you.

Liao-Fan:One day, at the Compassionate Cloud Temple, I met an elderly but distinguished looking man who had a long beard and had such a look of a sage that I immediately paid my respects to him.

The old man told me:

Old Man: You are destined to become a government official. You can attain the rank of Erudite First Level Scholar next year, why aren't you studying for the exam?

Liao-Fan:So I told him of my mother's instructions to give up scholarly study for learning medicine. Then I asked for his name, birthplace, and residence.

He replied:

Old Man: My last name is Kong. I came from Yunnan Province. I have inherited the knowledge of Mr. Shao, who developed the art of prediction very well. By calculations, I'm supposed to pass it on to you.

Liao-Fan: Therefore, I led Mr. Kong to my home and told my mother about him. Mother told me to treat him well and said:

Mother: Since Mr. Kong is so good at predicting the future, he must also know our past. Let's ask him and test his authenticity.

Liao-Fan: As a result, I found Mr. Kong's calculations to be very accurate, even in very small cases. After hearing his words of advice, I once again thought about studying. I then consulted with my cousin Shen-chen.

He recommended thus:

Cousin:"My friend, Mr. Hai-gu Yu is teaching at the home of Yo-fu Sheng. It would be very convenient for me to take you there for boarding and studying.

Liao-Fan:This was how I became Mr. Yu's student. Once again Mr. Kong made a prediction for me.

He said:

Mr. Kong: As a student, you will place fourteenth in the county examination, seventy-first at the regional exam, and ninth at the provincial examination.

Liao-Fan: The following year, at the three places of examination, I placed exactly as he had predicted.

No comments:

Self Discovery.....

Knowing yourself, knowing the peoples surrounding you ....