Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bazi Daily - 24/09/2010

I am still waiting for the comments from you all on the applications of 5 elements.  I can assure you that it is simple &, yet, profound :)

While I am waiting for your comments, I would like to share with 8Zee & the rest on the questons posted.


>> why is water's virtue = 智 and water's emotion = 惊、恐?


To be very frank, I have to confess that I have no idea how our ancestor derived such a conclusion.  But, given the fact that the water flow freely, it connotes flexibility and, therefore, wisdom.

We can apply the same logic to the rest of the elements.

BTW, the different between the Chinese character   &     is such that :-

-   惊 = the instant fear simulated by external environment
-   恐  = the fear due to own thought.  It is the fear with anticipation that something would occur.
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I m making a guess from my limited knowledge.

Fire should be anger for obvious reasons n earth worry?

Can u explain why does water represent fear?

-M-

Anonymous said...

Just read through n u mentioned wood is anger but I don't understand why.

-M-

Guan Leong, GOH said...

M,

As mentioned I have no idea how the ancestors derived those conclusions.

But, if we were to refer to classical TCM text, they are referring to the same thing where water represents fear and the like...

Since we are not able to figure out its origin at this moment, I suggest (instead) to focus on its applications. I use it 'N' numbers of times and is highly accurate.

Anonymous said...

Whenever we experience fear, i.e. Like waiting for an interview we have the urge to go to the toilet more frequently, or even worse in extreme fright some people have even urinated in their pants - inability of the bladder to hold.

Rgds

LM

Guan Leong, GOH said...

LM,

Agreed :)

If that was the case, the person may have to take good care of his/her kidney. Afterall, water denotes kidney in term of body parts.

Self Discovery.....

Knowing yourself, knowing the peoples surrounding you ....