Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bazi Daily - 23/09/2010

So far, I have covered the subject of 5 elements with special emphasis on its characteristics, 5 emotions (五志) & 5 virtues (五德).

Judging from the low participation & response rate, I suppose the readers may have the feeling that it is all too common sense & nothing to get excited about. 

Indeed, it looks simple & we have learned it in the elementary stage of our metaphysical studies.   However, as mentioned in my previous postings,  I would deem 易经(known as I-Ching or The Book of Changes) as the Book of Simplicity.    The simplicity conceals profound implications. 

Before I share with your on its applications, I would like to invite all of you to return to previous posting for further investigation.  I would also wish to invite you to share your insight with us after the so-called revision.

Example : Potentially which of the element can get angry, worry,.... easily? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Master Goh,

why is water's virtue = 智 and water's emotion = 惊、恐?

similarly, how does the 易经 get/derived the remaining 4 elements' virtue and emotion?

Please advise. Thanks!
8Zee

Guan Leong, GOH said...

8Zee,

Thanks for your postings.

Besides clarifying the origin of those terms. any comments on its applications ?

Anonymous said...

There are more reading and following than commenting :-)

You are not teaching in a wasteland!

-Devadog

Guan Leong, GOH said...

Devadoy,

So sad to heard that :(

During my class, I encourage students to stretch their mind to think further & deeper. It is only thru' thinking that we learn :)

Nevertheless, enjoy reading.

Self Discovery.....

Knowing yourself, knowing the peoples surrounding you ....